We are here to answer your questions.
The protection we offer is extensive, and while it's similar to that of our competitors, it also covers more than what is usually covered. For example, Hedvig always provides all-risk insurance for all of your things – whether you're at home, outside your home or abroad. We also insure friends who share the same apartment, which is not usually the case unless you're dating or married. Our intention is simply to create an insurance policy that is suited to the life we live today, so our members get as much out of their insurance as possible.
You can read about all insurances we offer here.
Write to Hedvig in the app and tell us the date on which you want to end your insurance.
Yes. With growing uncertainties around the world, Hedvig is now making sure refugees are covered by their home insurance, without any extra cost, when offered housing by any of Hedvigs members.
Through a simple message in the Hedvig app, all members can extend their home insurance so that it covers refugees living under their roof, at no extra cost. The broadening service is available throughout Scandinavia as Hedvig is available in both Sweden, Norway and Denmark.
The co-insurance is valid as in a first step of 3 months and for people who are not yet registered in Sweden. However, this does not apply to members who provide housing for rent or compensation from, for example, a municipality.
On average, Hedvig's prices are 20% lower than the market because we have digitised processes that are very costly for older insurance companies. But since insurance premiums are set individually, it is difficult to say that Hedvig is cheaper for everyone. For example, the price may vary depending on how you live, where you live and how many people you live with. We can estimate this quickly and easily – all you have to do is answer some questions here.
Hedvig's insurance is paid by direct debit. You can easily set up the payment in our app.
It's no problem! When you get Hedvig, you can just tell us which insurance company you have today, and we can help you switch.
The biggest difference is probably our business model, free from any conflict of interest. It makes it impossible for us to earn more by paying less to our members.
In practice it means we take 25% of your monthly premium, and use it to improve the product and experience. The rest, 75%, goes to a common claims pool used to compensate claims. Any money left in that pool by the end of the year is donated to Milkywire, a non-profit platform battling climate change through local changemakers.
No, Hedvig is a regular company. Hedvig takes a fixed 25% of your monthly fee to provide you with world-class service, and to operate and develop the company. But never more than that! So you can feel confident that Hedvig treats you fairly when something happens because we don't gain anything from holding onto your money.
We are currently partners with Milkywire, a charitable giving platform empowering individuals and organizations who fight climate change.
Join the +75 000 who have already switched to an effortless experience.